Penn State Health Speech Language Pathologist (PT/PRN) - Speech Language in Reading, Pennsylvania
St Joseph Regional
Work Type: PRN
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for evaluating assigned patients and developing and implementing appropriate treatment plans.
• Provides comprehensive goal-directed patient treatment to maximize patient outcomes.
• Evaluates assigned patients and establishes appropriate treatment goals, objectives and programs.
• Provides education to the patient, family and supportive personnel for in-hospital care and to assure safe discharge.
• Completes medical record documentation in clear, concise, accurate and in a timely manner in compliance with department, State, federal and intermediary guidelines.
• Completes hospital billing in compliance with department, state, federal and intermediary guidelines.
• Coordinates patient care with colleagues within the department and in other departments.
• Initiates and participates in professional growth and actively pursues learning.
• Works to improve patient satisfaction and patient care processes.
• Supervises visitors and supportive personnel within the department to assure compliance with all safety procedures, HIPAA • Regulations and infection control policies.
• Attends meetings and rounds as assigned. Provides input as needed.
• Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology from a CAA accredited program and either a Pennsylvania License in Speech
• Therapy or Clinical Fellowship Year candidate having fully met the credentials to begin their Clinical Fellowship Year.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Able to stand and walk occasionally; sit frequently. Able to lift/carry 0-10 frequently; 11-50 lbs occasionally. Able to push/pull 0-20 lbs frequently; 21-75 lbs occasionally. Able to climb occasionally; reach constantly. Able to use hands for simple/firm grasping.
If chosen for this position, you may required to pass a Post Offer Employment Physical Exam in accordance with the measurements listed in the Work Task Analysis (WTA) report. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF (https://www.pennstatehealth.org/sites/default/files/Careers/Accommodation%20Statement%20-%20CAREERS.pdf) for more detailed steps for assistance.
Position Speech Language Pathologist (PT/PRN) - Speech LanguageLocation US:PA:ReadingReq ID 4005