Penn State Health Graduate Nurse RN - RN Residency Summer 2020 in Reading, Pennsylvania
Penn State Health St. Joseph Regional Health Network
Work Type: Full Time
New Graduate Registered Nurse RN Residency Program
G raduate Nurse Residency Summer/Fall 2020
The Graduate Nurse Residency Program is a full-time RN position that creates a seamless educational transition into the nursing world. This position offers an exceptional experience for new RN graduates to continue to learn and grow in their nursing career while assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care to a designated group of patients. Graduate nurse residents are expected to remain full-time on one unit for the entire year of the program, as well as actively participate in all learning opportunities that are offered.
For more information, please contact Natalie Speece, Nurse Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Candidates must have graduated within 1 year of the cohort start date and must have less than six months of working experience post-graduation as an RN.
- Graduate nurse with a Temporary Practice Permit or Registered Nurse with license to practice professional nursing in the state of Pennsylvania.
- BLS required.
- ACLS required on telemetry units within 12 months.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.